Wings Over the Rockies (Wings) announced today its first quarter events schedule giving visitors an insight of what’s to come so they can plan a visit or two in the coming months. Some highlights include an exciting new exhibit which starts in February.
Event dates and details are included below:
- 2023 Air & Space Camp:Registration is now open for Wings Air & Space Summer Camp, where campers will be immersed in a week-long aerospace experience. The in-person camps cover STEAM-related subjects for elementary and middle schoolers. Participants will take a trip to Mars, fly drones, learn about deep space travel and a whole lot more. Camps will be held at both Wings Air & Space Museum and Exploration of Flight locations. All camps are open to students ages 8-14.
- Breakfast Fly-In:Visit Wings Over the Rockies Exploration of Flight (Centennial location) the first Saturday of each month for breakfast with a view. Visitors can enjoy breakfast from a local food truck, watch aircraft fly in and explore interactive exhibits and simulators. The next dates are scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 4 and March 4 starting at 9:30 a.m. Tickets are required.
- Aviation-Focused Weekend Showcases: Join Wings Over the Rockies Exploration of Flight for an immersive way to learn about aviation. A great experience for the entire family and a whole lot of fun,
- February 11th – Aerobatics Showcase – Seeing the world from unusual attitudes. This is a static event and will include a presentation on Aerobatics and Aerodynamics.
- Check out WingsMuseum.org/events for more details on upcoming weekend showcases at Exploration of Flight
- Photos for Media Use
- Book signing Featuring Author Sharon Caples McDougle: Sharon worked with the Space Shuttle program suiting up astronauts for launch over 20 years. Now she’s suiting up for launch with Shay in her new Children’s Book. Kids of all ages will love learning about the spacesuit from her adorable book on February 25th at 10:30 a.m. at the Air & Space Museum. Tickets are required.
- Spreading Wings Gala: This fundraising event helps support Wings’ mission and will honor the achievements and advancements of Lockheed Martin. Enjoy a special evening of entertainment, cocktails, seated dinner, auctions and special speakers inside Hangar #1 in the historic Lowry neighborhood. The event is on March 9 from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at the Air & Space Museum. Tickets are required and the public is invited to attend.
- Book Signing/Talk Featuring Eileen Collins:Join Eileen who authored Through the Glass Ceiling to the Stars at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, who will be visiting on March 10th from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. It will be a great opportunity for all and especially for teachers and students.
SOAR INTO THE NEW YEAR AND EXPLORE FLIGHT & SPACE AT WINGS OVER THE ROCKIESmore
Wings Over the Rockies Aviation Career Symposiummore
Wings Over the Rockies Summer Campmore